The journalist is the one who teaches a society to think freely, to behave freely, to be free.
It is not by accident that he is called the Soldier of Truth, of Justice, of Freedom. Because he is, above all, a fighter who uses the pen as a weapon. The evolution of humanity in the last centuries owes much to it. Like the society. Like the democracy.
The Faculty of Journalism and Communication Sciences, inaugurated in April 2016, proposes the in-depth study of the mother tongue, jurisprudence, economics, foreign languages, political sciences, etc., unique in this way in the journalistic space of the Republic of Moldova. It is, as we see it, a truly European institution of tomorrow’s journalist who can not only write but knows how to defend his writing, is able to promote his ideas, to understand and to be understood not only by his consort, personality with multilateral training for a multitude of subsequent activities.
The Faculty of “Journalism and Communication Sciences” (FJSC) of the USPEE “Constantin Stere” proposes two specializations with a total number of study credits – 180: Journalism (341) and Communication Sciences (342), Cycle I (Bachelor), Cycle II (Master), for which courses are organized both for the full-time and for the part-time education.
The “Graduate in Journalism/Communication Sciences” qualification will allow the graduates to assert themselves as journalists, writers, spokespersons, presenters on TV, radio and shows, titular correspondents, reporters, literary collaborators, photographers, journalists, editors, information portal administrators, and so on.
Thus, the Faculty of “Journalism and Communication Sciences” of USPEE “C. Stere “aims to:
- To improve in our society the degree of understanding of modern media features and public communication mechanisms, through training, various learning opportunities, mobility, conferences, own publications and other means.
- To provide students, teachers and technical and administrative staff with a favorable intellectual climate, create professional rewards, a climate of support and cooperation, security and collegiality, to encourage research and creativity.
- To present the students with the basics of mass communication, techniques and moral requirements of journalism, understood as current and rational reflection, through the written or audiovisual press of events.
- To offer the opportunity to deepen knowledge in the field of mass communication with applications in the field of public relations, publicity, jurisprudence, economy, foreign languages, political sciences, etc.
- To contribute to the cultivation of honesty and competence in the media and public communication, by promoting professionalism.
The educational process at the faculty corresponds to international standards, classrooms with modern equipment, highly qualified teachers, including great personalities from prestigious Universities in Europe, specialized laboratories.
The Faculty of Journalism and Communication sciences is opening its doors to all those who believe in the building-up force of the word, capable of making the profession of journalist and communications specialist one that can shape the future and change the face of the world.